Sunday, April 13, 2008

Challenge 7

This is our current challenge. A new challenge is posted every Sunday. Scroll down to view previous challenges. Our challenge this week was brought to us by Trudy.

"This week Leaving a Legacy of Faith challenge is about personal journaling. Do you keep a journal? Or do you shy away when you hear the word "journal'? I have been keeping a journal since I was 6-7 years old. My dad taught me how to write in a journal when he learned from President Spencer W. Kimball (LDS Prophet). President Kimball counseled and exhorted us to write ina journal. We often use the excuse "I do not live a life that someone would want to read about". President Kimball said, "I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us-and as our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted." I know this to be true. Several years after my Granddaddy died, we found his journals. After reading them, I felt like I knew him better after he was gone than when he was here. Recently my sister and I read of my Granddaddy's future wife, my Grandmommy, as she took a road trip to New York with family and friends. As the words were being read I felt like I was there with my Grandmommy, having the same experience she was living. My challenge to you is to scrapbook about your experience of writing your personal history. If you haven't started to journal, I challenge you to begin today." - Trudy.

Thanks, Trudy, for a great challenge! I look forward to seeing what everyone is inspired to create.

0 comments: